Most Common Neighborhood Code Violations
- Storage of junk, garbage, trash and other materials on property.
- Overgrowth of weeds, grass and landscaping.
- Auto repair in residential area is prohibited, unless minor and short term in nature.
JUNKED AND ABANDONED VEHICLES
- Storage of any wrecked, dismantled, partially dismantled, inoperable motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, trailer, boat, or special purpose vehicle is prohibited.
- A vehicle is considered inoperable if it is being stored or parked without having all wheels mounted, being parked or storage without having all tires inflated, or if it does not have affixed a current vehicle license tag.
STORAGE/PARKING OF COMMERCIAL AND
- The storage/parking of commercial and recreation vehicles shall be subject to Broward County Codes of Ordinances; Chapter 39; Zoning, Section 39-275 (7) & (9).
- Building permits are required for most construction and related work.
- In many cases a permit is required to remove a tree.
- It is the duty of each owner of a property abutting a public street to maintain and repair the sidewalks that abut their properties.